Here are those recipes. Enjoy.
Completely Yummy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 3 cups white sugar
- 15 ounce pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 1 pound size coffee cans, or three 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water, and eggs. Beat until smooth. Blend in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Fill cans 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Cool on wire racks before removing from cans or pans.
Deliciously Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F(200 degrees C). Combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Spread butter mixture evenly over one side of each bread slice. Place bread, buttered side up, on a baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until bread is crisp and topping is bubbly. Cut each slice of bread into 8 small triangles or squares.
- Saute onion in butter in a medium saucepan until tender. Add 1 can chicken broth; stir well. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Transfer broth mixture into the container of a blender or processor. Process until smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan. Add remaining can of broth, pumpkin, salt, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and ground pepper; stir well. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in whipping cream and heat through. Do not boil. Ladle into individual soup bowls. Top each serving with Cinnamon Croutons. (we just dip a hearty bread....have never tried the croutons)