Monday, May 3, 2010

Dwelling on Spring and Hiking Food

  Well the wildflowers have been popping out and trees have been blooming. They have been teasing us for months now.
We've had a traveling respite. We've only ventured out a bit over the last few months. Although the break was needed, we are ready for some outdoor action!
 We want to embrace the green while it's still here. It's a Spring thing for sure!
  Life on Charity Lane is pretty frantic as I am trying to wrap up our school year etc. etc. etc..... However the windows have been open. I've been listening to tantalizing Spring sing it's song. The last thing I wanted to do today was to  be responsible. I wanted to relish in the beauty of spring in California. In the blink of an eye it'll be gone.
  I didn't get to go hiking or even just out for a mountain drive, how sad. However I did sit and day dream about doing so real soon. While I was so happily thinking on the subject I wrote a list to share with all of you. The following is our preferred outdoorsy foods list. What are yours?
  • V8 Juice Boxes
  • Pumpkin Seeds
  • Cucumber sticks
  • All Bran Bars
  • Kashi Bars
  • E mergen C
  • Pears
  • TLC Bars
  • Fruit Leather
  • Cashews
  • Kern Nectar Drinks
  • Carrot Sticks
  • Celery Sticks w/ Peanut Butter or Goat Cheese
  • Jerkey
  • Peanuts
  • Popcorn
  • Wheat thins W/ Cream Cheese
  • Olives
  • Apples
  • Bananas
  • Sunflower Seeds
  • Strawberry & Fig Newtons
  • Cliff Bars
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Baguette W/ Salami & Cream Cheese

3 comments:

Shirin said...

Instead of cream cheese, we enjoy Alouette! ... Triscuit crackers. Grapes. Lots of grapes. Trader Joe's trail mixes of various sorts. Wasabi peas! Cliff Bars. Dried apricot and cheese sticks. Hike Hites Cove before the weather warms. It's breathtaking.

Charity Anne said...

Grapes, I forgot grape! I love wasabi...but no one else over here does. Hites Cove...I've heard of it, but never been.

Jeff Vincent said...

Wheat. Thins. Cream. Cheese. Yum.

... so when do we leave?